Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bunko Flunk

Bunko. Otherwise known as Let Me Stick My Foot In My Mouth For the Next 1.5 Million Hours of Endless Girl Chatter. Yeah. And I didn’t even win anything.

I want my 5 bucks back.

So, let’s see. I don’t know if the highlight of the night was when I called a girl in a pink shirt the name of the other, very pregnant, girl in the pink shirt (apparently women do NOT like to be called pregnant when they're not--who knew?) or if I thought the girl who was strangely obsessed with the wine staining her teeth was pregnant.

I mean, someone else did ask her if she had a picture of “the baby”, and after studying her stomach, I wrongly concluded that she was, indeed, knocked up. So naturally I asked her when she was due.

Turns out she wasn’t knocked up. Not even close. Newly single.

And bitter as fuck.

What can I say, I'm a slow learner with social norms.

That's why I was completely blown away when, at the end of the night, they invited me to become a regular. They play Bunco every 2nd Tuesday of the month. I declined on account of having commitment issues, but the truth is I’ve never felt like more of an asshole.

And I try to limit my asshole moments to Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and every other Friday.

2 comments:

Sarah Bellum said...

If you're limiting your asshole days I'm going to have to limit the days I call you. I only want to talk to Asshole Kelli. She's my favorite one.

Becky said...

They clearly like this bad girl side... maybe if you were nice you wouldn't have been asked to be a regular. Good call on staying away from this group. FREAKS!