Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Beauty Is All Around Us...You Just Have to Look

I'm not gonna lie. So far, Tuesday has been a beautiful day.

First things first. The absence of a 5:30AM phone call was cause for celebration. Not, actually, at 5:30, but at a more normal time. A time where people are no longer too scared of dying to come near me. This is in no way a reference to my horrendous morning breath.

And, is it just me, or does this time of year rock, what with it getting light outside sometime before 6, so there is not even a need for a clock. You know, because the birds chirping outside your window are just as good as the alarm clock, only maybe not quite as appealing as that beautiful beeping we all love so much that we hit the button over and over, just to hear it repeat in 10 minutes.

Since it's Spring and since my back is almost healed, I figured it's high time I start riding my scooter again. Or maybe it's just because gas prices are going up again and I refuse to take it up the ass from anyone, let alone the oil companies.

Plus, my decision to save the world one gallon of gas at a time was rewarded with a good 2 mile ride behind a garbage truck. Quite a pleasureable experience, especially when the breeze blows just right and you can practically taste the fragrance of waste in all its glory.

Once I turned a street and ditched the aroma of the day, I was then rewarded with the musical sensation of the day. And, really, who doesn't love their eardrums vibrating endlessly to Mariachi music played loudly enough to be heard all the way in China? Which, by the way, are the Chinese even all that fond of Mariachi? Probably not. Nonetheless a fantastic experience was enjoyed worldwide this morning.

But, you know, here I am, soaking up all the beauties in this world and not leaving any for the rest of you. I'm sorry, I'll try harder not to enjoy the finer things in life. It is, after all, only Tuesday, and I really should wait for the weekend to have this much fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a craptastic morning too...what is it today? I hate it.

Summer said...

Sorry your morning was bad. Hopefully the drive home won't be so bad!

Becky said...

this much joy on a Tuesday?!!? OH MY!

cncampbells@yahoo.com said...

Bummer dude. I'm glad it's Wednesday now, or I'd be tempted to jump off a bridge just from reading this.