Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Trained Part 2

I returned to San Diego on Saturday. Sunday evening we grilled out and I found out just how much the boys had missed me.

It's pretty much a Sunday Standard that the Neighbors come over and we grill. Sometimes we go over there, but usually it's at our place. Because our place is obviously so much better than theirs. Plus, Neighbor Girl is lazy (and by lazy I mean smarter than I am) and doesn't like to clean up after the boys.

Anyway, the weather was pleasant, it being Spring and all (you hear that, Utah?). We sat outside on our lovely patio, which affords a pleasant view of equal parts palm trees, SoCal sunsets, and concrete.


And even the glorious sight of the hookers working their way down El Cajon boulevard couldn't stop my urge to hurl as I discovered that my patio is full of spit-out sunflower shells.

What. The. Eff.


Boys?


............

Me: Scott, someone needs to vacuum the patio.

Scott: I know, I will. I already vacuumed it once.


I'm not shocked that he cleaned, as I've already instilled the fear of death in him (and by death I mean no P to V contact), but I am surprised that he vacuumed the patio, something he (and everyone else) has teased me endlessly about.

But.........................


I win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Well, I will win once he actually commences with the vacuuming.

8 comments:

Becky said...

Nice work! It's all about the winning!

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
susanmercedes said...

You've taken cleaning to a new level for me. Vacuuming the patio? Maybe I should talk to my housekeeper about how she keeps mine tidy. Wait, there are no boys at my house. Problem solved.

AprilPhire04 said...

How many shells were there if he's already vacuumed?
Never mind, its probably best that you not think of it!

Salt City Mistress said...

Nicely done Kel!

zipbagofbones said...

Hey, it's safer and more effective than sweeping.

Summer said...

I want you to know that since I actually vacuumed my patio. I swept it, but it didn't seem clean enough so I though "what would Kel do?" and vacuumed it up. Proud?

Sarah Bellum said...

Kelli, you are fired for ruining Summer. I don't need to friend that vacuum the outdoors.