Monday, April 13, 2009

Top 5 Reasons Easter is Better in Utah

1. Apparently that bastard Easter Bunny can only find me in Utah. The 8 years I've been in California? Nada. I choose to believe this has nothing to do with Utah being the chosen place and everything from much of SoCal having a ban on all things carb (sugar) related.

2. In Utah, no one expects me to cook a ham. Or clean up after cooking.

3. In Utah, all people expect me to do is eat and be lazy. Done and done.

4. There is no such thing as SoCal Crazy here, so no one cares if I ate 5(ish) peanut butter eggs and about 10,000 homemade Oreos.

5. Pants? Who needs em? Here in the country, no one gives a what if I stay in (the same) sweat pants for 10 days straight. Which has nothing at all to do with the fact that all of my Easter candy may or may not be gone. Damn cheap-ass bunny.

4 comments:

zipbagofbones said...

oh dear god, what is a homemade oreo and why have i not eaten one before? shame about those almonds you ruined...safe travels home, whenever that is.

Jeremy said...

I am with cat... you need to get off your sweaty-panted ass and tell us how to make homemade oreos!

Easter is Utah this year was GORGEOUS! It rained and snowed the day before and looks to rain and snow again today... but the actual day of resurrection was B E A U-timous.

mmm peanut butter eggs - I think I need to go raid my son's easter basket.

Summer said...

Everyone beat me to it! What is a homemade OREO!!!??

Anonymous said...

You better have mom, or Jamie (she makes bomb ones too) make a huge batch of home made oreos for everyone. As you know, I am not the baker sister! Shopping I can do!