So today my daily teaching says: "If you find fault with another, then you just brought others finding fault with you. If you judge another, then you just brought judgement to you."
Shit.
I'm in big trouble. I dish out compliments and appreciations, but not nearly as heartily as I dole out judgements. It's just.....easier to judge people. It makes me feel like a better person. Some call that insecurity. I call it keeping it real.
Except, as we all know, reality is subjective. And just because something is right in my mind doesn't necessarily make it right to everyone else (because obviously not everyone is as smart as I am).
So, essentially what I'm saying is that I need to forget my own opinions and accept reality as it is to others. You know, so I can appreciate other points of view and stuff.
I think the first thing I'll do is start accepting that it's okay to have debt. I know plenty of people who owe scads on their credit cards and don't give a what about it.
And maybe they're on to something.
I mean...I've always worried about my future financially and have been responsible with my money, but, really, where has that gotten me? A house that I've lost about $150K from buying. Not being able to go to Costa Rica for 3 weeks with my friends. Still having to shave every day because I thought I couldn't afford laser hair removal. Cooking my own food and cleaning my own house like a complete sucker.
So....I'm starting to think that appreciating others and not judging them is going to make my quality of life improve immensely (let's just not worry about what having all that debt will burden my future children with after I'm gone--it's totally not my problem).
Anyway, with this new lifestyle change, I'm sure I'll have no problem staying positive all of the fucking time. Without drugs.
Because who says money can't buy happiness?
2 comments:
everyone says that, but they're all full of shit. if i had a million dollars, i'd do two chicks at the same time.
Trust me, having loads of debt does not equal happiness. I'd much rather live paycheck to paycheck and not have a credit card bill.
Post a Comment