Thursday, March 19, 2009

Recognition

I am the 4th out of 6 children my parents had. Which makes me a middle child. And, predictably, I pretty much received little to no attention from my parents because they had a lot of other stuff on their plates. Duh.

I have 2 older sisters, one perfect and loved by all, one ...uh.......dramatic (and by dramatic I mean crazy). I have an older brother who, from the time he was 4, was my dad's right hand man on the farm and in his construction business. I also have 2 younger brothers who, in high school, were nationally ranked wrestlers.

I was a very good kid, I rarely got in trouble and always pulled straight A's. Which meant my parents never had to worry about me. Which was code for I felt alone and lonely a lot growing up. In the study of family dynamics, I'm what you would call a "lost child."

Which is why, to this day, I am always so flattered when people single me out for anything. Like, for instance, when my friend Molly (also known as Der Fuhrer) gave me this because it reminded her of me:







So.....thanks?

I'm....happy to be known as the girl who is neurotic enough to want to vacuum the damn toaster with its endless supply of crumbs???

Perhaps I'm growing out of my former habits and am finally able to leave a lasting impression on people.

I have therefore learned a valuable lesson: To get people to notice me, display neurosis proudly.

Done and done.

5 comments:

Summer said...

Wow! The first half of your post could have been written just for me as I am the middle "lost" child too. Never caused my parents any worry which left them with more time to focus on my siblings. Maybe that's a part of why we blog - for the attention dammit!

Anonymous said...

oh, yeah, works for me!

zipbagofbones said...

you are special! you are precious! you crazy hoe!

Sarah Bellum said...

I'm glad you're nuts, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to call you Crazy Kelli Pants.

Frank said...

Middle child too. If you are crazy, what does that say about all of us that follow you? Just please stay away from cliffs or short piers.