All day yesterday I felt guilty. I felt guilty that Scott had actually apologized to me for reasons still unknown to me.
The grown up in me told the little bitch in me to get over it and ask him why he'd apologized to me right before I drifted off to sleep. So I did and.....he feels he's been neglecting me.
??????
Uh.....because apparently last year when he and Neighbor were lovers...oops...I mean hanging out every single night of the week I told him I wanted him to spend more time with me.
??????
I cannot at all remember or even fathom this conversation. All I remember is being thankful for the fact that the existence of the mancave meant I had the rest of the house to myself. Almost as good as living alone but without the perk of being able to walk around naked. Plus, having Scott and Nev around means I always have someone to blame if things aren't exactly the way I want them. Not taking responsibility for anything is kind of a specialty of mine.
Anyway, we communicated like adults and agreed that neither of us has a problem with our nightly routine of kissing each other hello, maybe eating dinner together and then completely ignoring each other. We did, however, also agree that we should make an effort to hang out with each other at least 2 times a week.
Are we a boring old married couple already?
Perhaps I'll have an affair to spice things up. After all, I'm sure I can find a way to make it the boys' fault anyway.
Peace.
6 comments:
We tried to impose a one night a week of no internet and no TV. we were supposed to interact with each other and play Scrabble or something. It lasted for half of one night.
We have the exact same routine and go into our own world's every night. Sometimes I second guess it and we revisit the topic, but then I realize: I want to do all of my own things. I just want to know that he's there too.
LMAO, I was all proud of you and impressed with your big step into grown up communications and all that, then I got the last line...LOL
Those forced "dates" always turn out stale in my opinion.
Mind you it's been a billion years since I had a date so even a stale one would be exciting! :)
Kiss at the door, eat dinner, ignore each other… One vote for old marriage.
I agree with Rachael, that last line is a killer!!!
My best friend’s wife used to walk around naked when we were in his mancave. He bought her an, “enhancement,” and I think she just wanted to show em off. She started by accidently bumping me, and when that didn’t work she parked them on me. Finally, the full blown floor show. I didn’t want to find out what was next, so we started hanging out at my house.
We've been talking about eating dinner at the table now for, like, the entire time we've been dating and living together. Guess how many times we've eaten at the table and not in front of the TV? Christmas. That one year.
So this is the path I am on...
the upside of divorce is that the cave is all mine and if I want to walk around nude all day it is fine. The down side I don't have someone loving me enough to tell me he is sorry he was neglecting me. I think two date nights a week sounds like a healthy idea.
Post a Comment