Today, for a change, I actually got to come home for lunch AND bring a friend. Seriously, this is something I never got to do growing up (lived 15 miles away from school) and still don't get to do now (30 minutes for lunch can suck it!) so it kind of felt like I was being naughty.
Which I wasn't, unless you count spending time with a friend who I rarely have time to chat with a sin. Or the fact that we seriously considered some not necessarily un-alcoholic bevarages for lunch.
Calm down, I said considered. I'm not stupid. If I were going to drink during the day there is no way in hell I'd talk about it. That little gem would be known to me, God, and Jack. And by Jack of course I'm referring to my BFF Mr. Daniels. And maybe whoever else was around because my shiz is what you might refer to as "loose" when I've had a few. And by loose I am , clearly, referring to my tongue. In a totally non-sexual way.
Anyway, totally off subject. We spent an hour talking, exchanging stories in general. Phet brought it to my attention that she thinks it's crazy when I call myself fat. And before you lecture me, you must know that I don't think I'm fat per se. It's just that I wish my ass and thighs weren't quite so...ginormous-ish.
But since Sopko is constantly telling me I have a very distorted view of myself, it made me start to really think. Really, am I the crazy one? Am I really the only one who notices the thunder thighs, the ass the size of Delaware (Hi, I'm in Delaware?), the dimples in places that God or at least the rest of the world never meant for there to be dimples?
Could it possible be that I don't see myself as others see me?
Which leaves me with a lot to think about.
9 comments:
I have always hated my legs with a passion. It took me 35 years to accept them and I would call myself dumpy. I am not dumpy, haven't been in a long long time and yet it took years for me to see that
Kind of off topic, but...I wore a scarf today. A scarf. Can you believe that shit?
I don't know what you look like from the neck down, but your mug is pretty slammin'!
We are, our harshest critic. You have been on a boo kick lately; boots and booty. Good time for a build up from a friend. Sounds like a bad horoscope, but it is important to reground yourself with the opinion of someone that you can talk to. Sounds like lunch was well timed.
I picked you for a happy drunk. I too feed off the positive energy and have had people rolling because of the quick tongue loosened by alcohol. Even people that know me have asked where it comes from. Famous impressions and speaking in French even surprised me. Bon jour mon ami.
Yes, looking at your headshot, I can't imagine a single bit of you that isn't completely beautiful girlie. We all see ourselves far differently than the world does, that's just the way it is.
I look at you, and I see a confident, witty secure smart, incredibly beautiful woman whom I look up to. So don't crush my idolization of you with some weak I am a 'human being' shit.
Get back up on that pedestal......
xoxo
Yes. You're crazy. Wonderful, beautiful smart fun but crazy.
MUAH!
More bikini pictures would help us move toward a better assessment.
Let me reiterate. You are absolutely nuts. It's all in your head and you are an astoundingly beautiful woman. Get used to the fact that an alarming number of people find you attractive.
Everyone has something about themselves they don't like. Even skinny people see things about themselves differently than other people. I haven't seen you in 10 years but I know Dalan saw you a year or two ago and he said you were really thin. It's hard to tell just looking at pics but you look like you are in good shape girl! Quit complaining and start workin' what ya got.
If your crazy, exercising fanatical ass is dimpled? It's because Jesus wants your ass to be dimpled. I really don't know what else you think you're going to be able to change with another several hours of step class. The dimples are integral to the ass that is you. And I'm totally rethinking this comment now...it sounds wrong, but I'm not sure why.
Post a Comment