Tuesday, February 3, 2009

And Suddenly I Have a Soapbox.

So remember when we were kids and spent our middle school days toilet papering our frenemies' houses or prank calling people? That's not what kids are up to these days.


This is what middle school kids are up to. At least the kids here:





This, actually, is not that bad. Usually we arrive Monday morning to tagging and AKAs (gang names) spray painted across our campus. Last Thursday morning there was poo smeared across the front office door. On any given morning, our custodians spend at least an hour undoing damage people are doing to the school. And by people I mean students.



It makes me sad.

5 comments:

lexiloo said...

wow! those must be troubled kids. i know where i work that we don't come to school to find poo smeared on the door. but in the picture it looks like someones binder dumped out?

C.S. Perry said...

I blame the sixties.

For everything.

matt and whitney said...

UGH. i don't miss that about wilson. it was always amazing to me that our students have nothing better to do over the weekend than COME BACK to school to screw it up. Ask Kim Brannon about "suck my dig" written once on her classroom door. we laughed sooooooo hard at how pitiful it was that the effing kid couldn't at least spell d-i-c-k. sorry, i am a jaded teacher :)

zipbagofbones said...

yeah, that makes me sad, too.

Modern Day Housewife said...

Wow! And I thought the class of 33 3rd graders I help out in was tough! Totally admire what you do! That's gotta be way tough!