Saturday, January 10, 2009

Think Positive....

I don't do sick. I just don't. Trust me, I have paid my dues over the years. I would say for the majority of my life....up until I was about 24, I was depressed. And sick all the time. Seriously. I once had a sinus infection that lasted 9 months.

Those days are gone. Now instead of feeling sorry for myself all the time, I try to take action in areas of my life that are displeasing to me. And if that doesn't work, I process my emotions and whatever other toxins need to get out of my body through sweat. That may be the reason I'm never sick anymore, or it could be because I'm immune to everything because I've already had it.

Actually, Sarah claims the germs are scared of me. I don't get that at all, because what's scary about me? It's a nice theory, though, and one that makes me feel cool.

Neb has been sick for about a week, and obviously when you live with someone, you're going to get their germs. So yesterday, here comes the headache. And the sinus pressure. So, naturally, I cleaned my house and went to the gym, in hopes of distracting the germs into thinking they weren't affecting me.

And you know what? This morning, I'm sick, but just a little. I only have a little bit of sniffles and the headache is gone.

Which is fabulous, because you don't even want to know the kinds of hell I would raise if I were sick for the last week of my break.

Here's to hoping this is as bad as it gets, because I can handle this. I still have enough energy to boss the boys around and ride my bike, which for the next week, is all I want in life.

3 comments:

rachael chatoor said...

I agree, blast those germs out with some good energy vibes~!

Summer said...

I wish I could say the same. Actually today I am feeling better. I think the fever is finally gone! Yay!
Glad to hear that it was Nev who got you sick instead of me through an internet virus.

C.S. Perry said...

Alcohol will kill the poisons.