Monday, January 26, 2009

Me: The Adult Version

It's like I'm a grown-up or something. Yesterday, I hit the ground running at 7AM and didn't stop until 7PM when I walked back through the front door.


And then I had to make dinner. I hate being an adult, seriously. And I was not happy when I walked through the door to find all the lights, the TV, the heater on and no one home. This pissed me off for obvious reasons. The only wasting of money to be done in my house is on me and my wardrobe.

Then, of course, Scott hadn't put out the ground turkey to thaw like I'd asked him to. And when he came in the door, he was like "why can't you pull over further in the driveway?" And I was like, "Why can't you shut off a goddamn light to save your life?"

Yeah.

And then I made dinner because, since he forgot to thaw the meat, he went to the grocery store and bought some fresh meat. Sloppy Joes for all. And then, it's like, how can I stay mad at him?


So I apologized. And then he apologized and then we were in love again.


And I'm wondering...at what point in my life did I stop being a raging psycho and begin to handle my emotions in such a mature manner? And where did I learn it?


And I'm not gonna lie: a tiny part of me misses being the crazy emotional girl. It's like, yeah, I was the crazy one, but I was always way more stubborn then everyone else, so eventually whoever it was would take the first step to mend things. And I got to decide whether or not I would forgive him or her. I kind of miss getting to hold a grudge over something stupid like Scott buying a surf board without consulting me or getting his hair cut without my approval.


But whatever. Apparently I'm an adult now.

Yuck.

5 comments:

rachael chatoor said...

LOL, good for you, haha, 'I'm all grow-ed up now', is how I used to put it.

I am going to be turning 40 this year and I think it will be my best decade yet.

Letting go of shit is just the nicest thing you can do for yourself. I just don't seem to care what others do, or how they do it, and that is very freeing, and very relaxing, to just simply be.

Jeremy said...

It is funny how little things can ruin our mood, and then the first thing we do is take it out on the ones we love. I am constantly checking my "attitude" at the door after a long stressful day at work...

Of course, I also sometimes pick a fight with my wife just so we can have make-up sex.

The joys of being an adult!

Summer said...

Man, being a grown up is no fun. Instead of growing up I am going backwards and have turned into a college kid. Pretty soon I'll be going to frat parties and doing beer bongs!

Becky said...

You done all growed up.

You can still be a raging bitch if you want... just schedule that time accordingly.

zipbagofbones said...

I want to know when I decided to make FOOD for dinner instead of eating Lik-a-stiks.