I am boring. This is why I haven't posted for a few days. Work? Well, I can't blog about that for obvious reasons. And you pretty much already know my workout routine, so that's out.
And pretty much those 2 things take up the majority of time in my life. The rest of the time, I'm a boring old woman who sits on the couch, playing card games and GeoChallenge, trying desperately to beat the latest score of my cat-lady friend, Sopko.
Seriously. This is what my life has come to? All those years I spent working....and partying.....in hopes of that someday that would come and I would everything I ever wanted.....
Which I don't, obviously, but I have reached most of my 30-year-old goals....except for the owning a helicopter thing. But I'll probably have that by the end of next year.
And so now what?
I'm engaged....I suppose I could be planning my wedding, but honestly I've already pawned that job off on a few unsuspecting souls....I suppose I could be using my spare time for something enlightening such as volunteer work or reality TV....but I prefer to spend my time surfing the Internet and writing stories that no one will ever read. Not to mention my attention span doesn't allow much by way of watching TV.
So, I have to ask myself: Now what? Really. I feel as though a big change in my life should be happening...and I suppose, had Scott and I not been sharing a mortgage and a bank account for 3 years marriage might be the change, but.....
Now what?
7 comments:
ooooh rough question.
I know that you can never say never thats for sure.
What did you used to do, is there a dream you dropped? Horseback riding, belly dancing?
In my early 20s, I was singing in a band overseas, then all of a sudden I'm married and living all over the world.
For several years we partied and had fun, but things got tough when we had kids and I wanted to act more like a parent. So I brought my babies home to raise them close to family. I stayed home every single night for two years and was the most boring person in the world, then one day, after about 8-10 years of never touching it, I picked up my guitar again. Now just a couple of years later, music is the only thing I do. A far cry from my completely boring self of a few years ago.
So, what love or hobby can you pick up again, that you left behind you at one time?
Belly button lint picking. Pantsless. In a hot air balloon. These are my 30s goals.
Join the ever-growing ranks of Good Americans who donate their time and talents to the ongoing search to prove that Bigfoot is Real.
What coudl be more important?
Having a high schore in Geo Challenge AND Biggest Brain means you must now move on to that bowling game.
Kelli, what I read on your blog is that you fear you are "boring", not bored. With your love for working out, I'm sure you are seldom bored. As for being boring, your blog is one of only five I read each day, and your writing style is appealing. If you simply comment on your daily observations and feelings, we readers will be satisfied.
I have also reached all my "acomplish by 30" goals, so I've decided to take classes and make a career change. Why not, right?
I'm about where you are. There is a need or want to try to liven things up again. I just don't know what to do. It seems like I am doing the same thing everyday. Actually, I think I am. I have lost all interest in tv and surfing the net is more exciting yet so boring. SIGH! What is a girl to do?
Post a Comment