Yesterday, BF disappeared on another mysterious one-hour outing. Once he was back home, I whined until he told me "I was getting....you know....your thing." I immediately stopped asking.
Truth is, I don't want to know. Okay, that's a lie. I do want to know, but I also know how excited he is to give me my surprise, so I'm going with it, even though Sarah told me I should tear up the house looking for it (she's already on the Naughty List--obviously-- but will still complain about getting a lump of coal in her stocking, because that's how she rolls).
In addition to whatever gift that little outing yielded, he had also already told me he ordered my gift online and that it would be arriving Wed. while I was at work. Nev is supposed to be intercepting it, and I'm not supposed to look at it.
Ummmm....he could have avoided telling me all of that and I would have been none the wiser.
But thank God he did. I was going to buy him a handle of Sailor Jerry and call it good--because I had previously discussed with him the fact that most of my Christmas budget has already been spent (on myself)--but now I know differently. I've already purchased an item he's been drooling over ever since he saw the late-night infomercial, and it may or may not be a subscription to the Local Singles' Party Hot Line.
I'm officially counting down the days until Christmas, because BF told me he spent so much on me that the laundry room make-over we have been planning will have to wait. And I'm totally okay with that. After all, this is the season of love and giving. Being selfish will have to wait.
4 comments:
You're very lucky you live hours and hours away. Otherwise I'd be tearing your house apart looking for the present myself. I can't handle the waiting.
Look on the Bright Side...maybe it's some kind of brand new, really cool, space-age iron with a state-of-the-art ironing board to go with it.
Man, that would be awesome.
If he got you an iron I will fly down there and beat him down myself.
If he got you socks, that's so going to be a let down.
Post a Comment