Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Trade Off

Well, it's happened. Remember when I said I was suspicious about the boys suddenly wanting to help me clean because I'm a nice person and I deserve it?

I rolled with it for the first few days, because, hey, it's nice to be able to relax and not worry that if the President or someone equally important randomly stops by, my house won't be clean. Because it will be, thanks to Nev and his diligence at doing chores.

But we all knew it wouldn't last, we all knew that:

a) I'm probably more on the bitchy than nice side where the boys are concerned, so they're probably up to something AND

b) The boys aren't that selfless. Plus, they're boys and since when do boys clean?

And late Sunday morning, I discovered that yes, they do, indeed, want something in return:




They want the comfort of MY living room to watch Sunday football. And, given the choice between having a live-in maid and giving up my reign as queen of the living room, I say: HELL NO!!!!

I want my living room back, sans testosterone.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I was worried it was too good to be true. I love how none of them look at the camera.

C.S. Perry said...

Football? Football?
In a world filled with potential adventure who would waste time with football?
I hope they bet on the games at least.

Becky said...

Those are some cute boys! I'll come rescue you from them. YUM!

Anonymous said...

noway devil!!!

You know the cliché…let sleeping dogs watch football…

Im coming over this Sunday… Save me a spot...

Sarah Bellum said...

Why the hell is there a dart board on your front door?

zipbagofbones said...

THAT is funny. You were right to be suspicious. Mine only cleans when I pout or get pregnant.