You know what comes in super handy when you're at the pet store and the only bag of food left for over-weight pugs is well out of reach of both you (because you're only a few inches shy of being classified a "little person") and your crazy SLC BFF who is too sick to hop up on her own?
Tree trunk legs and cheer stunts.
And if I had to choose which is more handy, I'd go with the tree-trunk legs, which will not falter even with a whole person wearing winter boots standing on them. I finally realize that thunder thighs and random skills--previously labeled as useless--are not evidence of a Jesus grudge against me. And no longer will they be the bane of my existence.
And as the Internet as my witness, I will never complain about either again, because this made for one hell of an afternoon, and would have made for even more of an awesome video if we'd had the foresight.
Ah, well. I'll always have memories. And tree trunks.
7 comments:
Daisy is not fat she's voluptuous! Also, I'm thankful there is no video footage of that moment. It was humiliating to say the least. In hindsight, however, I with I'd cheered and cartwheeled while in the air. Or something the least bit athletic.
The only opportunity I've had to break out my old cheerleading moves was during the ropes course at a Sorority retreat. You'd better believe we got all those girls up over that billion-foot wall!
The vision I get in my head... Ha ha ha, chalk one up for resourcefulness! It sounds like you're enjoying SLC. Have a great turkey day tomorrow, Kel!
Seeing how I am practically the Jolly Green Giant, I have no idea what it is like not to be able to reach something. Next time just bring me along.
I think Randy Newman said it best...
I'm with Summer, I've always been able to reach the top shelf. This of course came in handy for my mom who is a total shorty!
Is that where you launch her in the air and she does a flip? That would have been awesome…
Post a Comment