Obviously I'm as stoked as everyone else about the change that is about to take place in America. I never really had a doubt as to who would come out victorious, but that didn't stop me from feeling bad for McCain and Palin. I have a bit of a codependent personality, and I felt bad for them, knowing McCain probably won't live long enough to see another election and Palin will be banished back to her home in Siberia....errr...Alaska.
I feel equally bad for myself, however, as two Props that I felt very strongly about were passed here in CA. The first was Prop 8, which will ban gay marriages in CA. I have many friends who will be affected by this, and it saddens me that one of the most liberal states in the Union is taking such an obvious step in the wrong direction.
The other was Prop...actually, I don't know which Prop it was, all I care about is the fact that alcohol will be banned from San Diego beaches for the next 4 years. This is a direct result of a riot that happened 2 labor days ago in PB. I agree with the local radio stations that, rather than place a ban on alcohol, we should start profiling the little fuckers that start riots and ship them further south. Not Mexico, but close: Imperial Beach (the southern-most beach in SD where no one really goes). I'm pissed that responsible drunks such as myself have been affected by those 20-something-year-olds who feel the need to assert their manliness at my expense. Fuckers.
All in all, though, I can't say I'm too upset, as America is about to embark on a much-needed journey for change. Yes we can, and yes, we did. America, fuck yeah!
7 comments:
I hadn't heard the results of prop 8. That sucks! Oh, and I am so not coming down there now if I can't drink on the beach. WTF?
Just so you know, it is snowing in Utah right now. Beautiful, cold, wet snow. Does that make you want to move back?
This year was the first year alcohol was banned from the Chicago beaches, so I feel ya honey.
I heard there were still provisional ballots in CA yet to be counted, so Prop 8 might just die! (fingers crossed)
"Yes we can."
Hmmmmm...isn'that what they said in Berlin in the late 1930's?
I'm crossing all appendages and eyes for those absentee/provisional ballots. DIE BABY DIE!
Otherwise, I am so incredibly happy today.
California is fired.
As well as you. How dare you complain about beaches when I don't have one.
I'm sorry about Prop 8 and like you amazed by it. Why are people SO threatened by two women or two men getting married. Shit I'm having a hard enough time finding a man if I found a woman you better BELIEVE I would want to marry her.
What? Huh? Yeah I'm confused too. I'm still recovering from my Obama Hangover.
buy generic viagra buy cheap viagra online uk viagra herb alternative buy generic viagra viagra logo buying viagra online viagra canada splitting viagra viagra soft tabs generic viagra online cheap viagra canada viagra cheap buy online viagra uterine thickness viagra 34434
Post a Comment