Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Boots Are Made for Ass-Kicking

Okay, I'm back. I left the pity party as scheduled and am definitely back on track to being myself. Only....I really feel for those I left behind at the party. I mean, God, they must be soo bored without me. So that kind of bums me out, but otherwise I feel fine.

The boys are happy to have me back. Tonight they pretty much begged me to play football with them, although in hindsight, they might have invited me so they could tackle me and feel manly. Tackling a girl is apparently the only way for them to prove how big they are. Obviously I'm not talking about stature.
Oh, and I'm not talking about BF, either. He is definitely, without a doubt , the biggest guy I've ever known. Just in case he asks.
So.....after a very aggressive game of football, I feel like I have finally been able to process my thoughts and am feeling....not relaxed....but better.
Maybe it wasn't the football game that made me feel better, but the fact that I bought myself another pair of gray suede boots. Because apparently I have huge calves and can't wear skinny jeans with this pair:


This is where being shallow pays off, since all it took me to snap out of my funk was a little click of the mouse. Shopping is sooo much better for the soul than therapy.

Now if only the weather would cool down lower than 90 degrees so I could wear them. And then, my life will be that much closer to being complete.

5 comments:

Becky said...

See? just another excuse to visit Wisconsin! The high today is 52!

Salt City Mistress said...

Very cute! I definitely need to find some grey boots, because it's about 50 degrees colder here!

Summer said...

Isn't it amazing how much clothes can make you happy? Very cute boots!

Jo said...

Love the boots! I wore my sexy new black heeled boots today and yesterday; I can barely walk now but I looked damn good!

Anonymous said...

Sweet boots!