Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Your Contribution to the World (And Me)

I can't say it enough. Work is making my life miserable, which in turn makes me a very grumpy, mean person and the world around me becomes suseptable to my violent nature and raging tantrums. That violence you hear about on tv? It's not related to gangs, terrorism, or the downfall of Britney Spears. It's me after a long day of work.



Well... really, I like my job. Most of the time. It's just the fact that it takes up my entire day and then when I come home I just want to sit on the couch and stuff my face, but can't because if my cakes get any bigger, I won't fit through any of the doorways here in SoCal. It's science, actually. The doorways here are not made to accomodate anyone with a BMI of more than 8. Or me, for that matter.



Ahhh..... Remembering the days when I had time to drink coffee, watch the news or other must-see tv such as "The Hills" or "I Love New York" (just as realistic and informative) and think about all the mean things I'd do to New York if I ever met her skanky ass in person makes me really resent having to go to work all day. Sometimes I think it would almost be better if I didn't have a 6 week vacation every summer. When I have to go back to work at the end of August, it makes it that much harder. Which leads me to one conclusion: You should start feeling sorry for me right about now. That or start sending me money. Either way you are making your contribution to world peace.

2 comments:

Becky said...

In all seriousness, whatever you do, please don't put one of those "donate" buttons on your blog that link to a paypal account.

So tacky. :-)

I like the open solicitation of cash.

happy mom said...

I do feel for you, maybe you should just take a part time job during your 6 week vacation to keep you grounded!

Also in response to your comment: I often think of the blast we had at the cabin (yes me falling was a big part of that!) and all the womanly things we did together, like change hoses on your car, and watch "Days". I was just at the cabin recently, you need to come visit me and it again! and I will never forget Mexico! I was so very lame in highschool it is a wonder you were my friend, you being the awesome person you are! let me just say I am so glad that you found me!