I used to be that girl. Okay, well, really, I still might be that girl. I have been known to chase dangling carrots in the recent past. Although, to my credit, the BF did ask me just tonight what style of ring I wanted......
Anyway, I'm getting off the subject. So.....a recent conversation made me reflect on my dating past....and.....I have come a long, long way. The BF may disagree, but I really think I'm handling my current relationship as a responsible adult. Okay, maybe a teenager, but a mature teenager. At least like a 16 year-old.
Before I was in my current relationship, I dated a guy for 4 years. I should've stopped dating him....well, about 3 months before I started dating him. This relationship made Bobby and Whitney look stable. And the worst part? He couldn't trust me. Trust me? Bitch, please!
If he called me at 4 in the morning and I didn't answer, I was sleeping with someone else. I worked the overnight shift but my hair looked good? Sleeping with someone else. Yeah. And you all know the ending to this story. I'll give you a hint: it involves one of my friends.....
The moral of the story is: Girls, please learn from my mistakes! I know I didn't make the same mistake over and over again for 4 years for no reason other than the fact that I was dumb. If a guy claims he can't trust you and tells you stories about how you can't be trusted and is so adamant about it that you start to believe you really are sleeping with someone else and you stop trusting yourself OR spend copious amounts of time convincing him that you are, indeed, awesome and won't open your legs to every vato that comes your way....You. Need. To. Ditch. Him. He sucks. Trust me on this one.
5 comments:
You should channel this knowledge into a book, and then be on Oprah. Very girl power, guru-ish.
From now on all my correspondence with you will begin...Dear Abby
Seriously. Been there. Done that. You are 100% completely right. And to add to that, girls don't be thinking that you will be the one to change that possessive ass hole either because he will NEVER change. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Annddd on the flip side, my ex cheated on me because i wasnt controlling, you women are a strange breed
So true, we ALL run into that guy somewhere along the line.
I find it gets easier as I get older, heck I have very little tolerance now for behavior like that.
Post a Comment