Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Finally--A Worthwhile Goal


Every summer for the past 4 years, I have traveled during the month of August. Also during the past 4 years, I've tried to cram 4 weeks' worth of clothes into just one bag. And guess what? Every year, it sucks, just as you would imagine it does. So, this year, I've decided to expand my stuff into 2 bags and one fairly large-sized purse. To make myself feel better about wasting so much fuel (doesn't more weight burn more fuel, which is how Delta and other airlines are justifying charging up to $100 for extra bags???), I only packed those clothes that were absolutely necessary, such as: my slutty black high-heels (a must-have on the farm), my cowboy boots (hey--nevermind that they cost more than a horse and if they get dirty I'll totally have to get a second job to pay to get them cleaned) and extra jackets (just in case I'm caught in a blizard in Vegas, Seattle, or Utah). I'm determined not to lable myself an overpacker and have vowed to wear every single item of clothing and/or accessories I packed into my bags. This should make for some interesting photos toward the end of the trip. So, with that said, I am off. Posting will be irregular for the next 3 weeks, so I apologize in advance to those reading this blog. Both of you.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Have a great safe trip! I'll miss you!

Signed,
#3

Anonymous said...

Hurry the hell up and get to Utah.

Anonymous said...

Hope you have an awesome trip!

Signed,
#4

LiteralDan said...

You and I would not get along.

Then again, you pack like my wife, and we get along okay. So I take that back.

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Shit! Utah? You didn’t tell me…I will leave your name at the state line so you can get in…your code word(s) will be 3.2…

Signed #1 (no one else took it)

Shelly... said...

Have a great trip. I live in Vegas and it's hot right now. I was born and raised in Seattle and it's probably not so hot. Hard to pack for the different climates! Such BS the airlines charging for bags. I'm still pretty loyal to Southwest and will be going to Seattle in 3 weeks. We can have a total of 4 bags checked for $0!