Friday, June 13, 2008

We all want the fairy tale....

I finally went and saw SATC w/ some girl friends (I know, are we the last girls to see it).  I was pleasantly surprised by the movie.  I thought it would be full of fluff and fashion, but the movie exposed great depth to the characters, and displayed emotional processes very well.  I never get into movies, but found myself almost crying at parts.  I, of course, thought of my own boyfriend.  (yes, you can ignore my last blog).  

Well, as we were leaving the mall, Sopko and I were stopped by an older woman.  She shared the story of reconnecting with her first love after 30 years.  30 years!!!!  And she is 70!!!!  Anyway, as we were in the parking lot, the last thing she said was, "I want it like in Pretty Woman.  I want the fairy tale.  Even at my age."  To which I replied, "We all want the fair tale."  Which is true.  Some of us will realize that there is not such thing, but some of us will die trying to find it....

No comments: